Pork brochettes - Pinchos morunos recipe
Ingredients Makes about 20
21b loin of pork, cut into ¾-inch cubes
• 2 fl oz white wine
• 2 fl oz light olive oil
• 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp hot smoked paprika, chili powder or cayenne pepper
• 1/2 bay leaf, crumbled
• 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 lemons, quartered (optional)
• Arrange the meat in a wide, shallow, non-metallic dish.
• Mix together all
the other ingredients, except the lemons, and seasor
• Pour the mixture
over the meat, cover, and leave to marinate, prefen fridge, for at least 8 hours,
turning once or twice.
Thread three cubes onto each skewer and cook on a very hot griddl€ turning
once or twice, for about 8 minutes. The meat will be charred but still juicy.
over the juice of the lemon wedges, if you wish, and serve hot