Marinated salmon - Ceviche de salmon recipe
Ingredients Serves 10
• 1lb salmon fillet, skinned
1 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
of 2 lemons
1 tbsp light olive oil
½ teaspoon hot smoked
paprika, chilli or cayenne pepper
1 hot red chilli, finely chopped
1 small pepper, deseeded and cut into 1-inch triangles
and freshly ground pepper
• Wrap the salmon in foil or plastic wrap and put in the freezer for up
to one hour this makes slicing the fish much easier.
• Slice the fish very thinly, using a good sharp knife.
fish in a shallow, wide non-metallic dish, and coat all over with lemon juice,
oil, paprika and chili.
Leave to marinate in the fridge if you wish, for minutes or for several
hours, depending how ‘rare’ you want the fish. This will also depend
on how thinly you have sliced it.
• Add your choice of herb minutes before
you assemble the pincho.
• Sandwich one or two slices of the fish between
a tomato halt and a pepper triangle and serve immediately