Chickpea and pimiento toasts -Tostas con garbanzos y pimientos recipe
Ingredients Makes 12
• 1 baguette
Oil, for brushing
1 x l4oz can chickpeas
tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, crushed
tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
2 tsp hot smoked paprika
pimientos de piquillo, cut into strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Slice the baguette into rounds about ½ inch thick and brush with
a little oil.
• Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 5
minutes or until golden brown.
• Drain the chickpeas and rinse under cold
water; set aside.
• Place the oil. lemon juice and crushed garlic in a bowl
and whisk together. Stir in the chopped parsley and paprika and then add the
chickpeas and pirniertto strips.
• Stir vigorously, crushing the chickpeas
lightly so that they hold together.
• Place a spoonful of chickpea mixture
onto each toast and serve immediately, garnishing with parsley.